2012 – 2015: PhD Bioengineering - Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana
2005 – 2006: MPhil Engineering for Sustainable Development; University of Cambridge
2000 – 2004: BSc. Agricultural Engineering; Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana
Some Courses I Teach
1. Bioenergy Technology (MSc Level)
2. Renewable Energy Applications in Rural Development (MSc Level)
3. Agro-waste Sources and their Properties (MSc Level)
4. Renewable Energy Systems and Management (BSc Level)
5. Environmental Control and Livestock Housing (BSc Level)
6. Properties of Agricultural and Engineering Materials (BSc Level)
7. Agricultural Materials Handling (BSc Level)
8. Rural Engineering (BSc Level)
9. Farm Power and Machinery Management (BSc Level)
My research activities have been centered on Bioenergy Technology Development and Energy Access in sub-Saharan Africa. With regards to Bioenergy, my interest lies in general biomass assessment and modeling bioenergy contribution to both electricity and fuel demand in rural communities and performing financial feasibility assessment. I have also conducted research into the utilisation of agro-industrial residue and wood waste for electricity generation. My research in Energy Access has involved the use of geo-spatial technologies to promote energy access in Ghana and West Africa, working together on a number of assignments with GIS experts in the university and beyond. I have also used Long Range Energy Alternative Planning (LEAP) modeling tool to model future energy scenarios in a few assignments.
Areas of expertise
Renewable Energy Expert
Expert in Feasibility Study of Energy Projects
Membership of Professional Bodies
1.Ghana Institution of Engineers (GhIE)
2. American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
3. Ghana Society of Agricultural Engineering
Publications Since 2010
1. Kemausuor, F., Nygaard, I., and Mackenzie, G. (2015). Prospects for bioenergy use in Ghana using Long Range Energy Alternative Planning model. Energy
2. Bensah E.C., Kemausuor, F., Mieza, K., Kádárd, Z. and Mensah, M. (2015). African perspective on cellulosic ethanol production. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 49, 1-11.
3. Ayamga, E. A., Kemausuor, F. and Addo, A. (2015). Technical analysis of crop residue biomass energy in an agricultural region of Ghana. Resources, Recycling and Conservation 96, 51-60.
4. Kemausuor, F., Yakah, E. and Kamp, A. (2014). Regional assessment of agricultural residue for bioenergy production in Ghana, 147-174. In: Roscoe, C. (ed), Ghana: Social, Economic and Political Issues, Nova Science Publishers Inc.
5. Kemausuor, F., Kamp, A., Thomsen, S. T., Bensah, E. C. and Østergård, H. (2014). Assessment of biomass residue availability and bioenergy yields in Ghana. Resources, Recycling and Conservation 86: 28–37
6. Kemausuor, F., Adkins, E., Adu-Poku, I., Brew-Hammond, A. and Modi, V. (2014). Electrification planning using Network Planner tool: The case of Ghana. Energy for Sustainable Development 19: 92–101
7. Mensah, G. S., Kemausuor, F., and Brew-Hammond, A. (2014). Energy Access Indicators and Trends in Ghana. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 30: 317-323
8. Kemausuor, F., J. Akowuah and E. Ofori (2013). Assessment of Feedstock Options for Biofuels Production in Ghana. Journal of Sustainable Bioenergy Systems 3(2):119-128.
9. Rockson, G. N.K., Kemausuor, F., Seassey, R. and Yanful E. (2013). Activities of scavengers and itinerant buyers in Greater Accra, Ghana. Habitat International 39:148–155
10. Akowuah, J. O., Kemausuor, F. and Mitchual S. J. (2012). Physico-Chemical Characteristics and Market Potential of Sawdust Charcoal Briquette. International Journal of Energy and Environmental Engineering 3:20 doi:10.1186/2251-6832-3-20
11. Kemausuor, F., Dwamena, A. and Appiah, D. O. (2012). Assessment of Farmers’ Adaptation to Climate Change in Ghana: The Case of Ejura-Sekyeredumase District. CASS Journal of Humanities, 2(1):1-31
12. Appiah D. O. and Kemausuor F. (2012). Energy, Environment and Socio-Economic Development: Africa’s Triple Challenge and Options. In: Tortora M. (Editor) Sustainable Systems and Energy Management at the Regional Level: Comparative Approaches. IGI Global Publishers, 166-182, ISBN 978-1-61350-346-1
13. Kemausuor, F., Obeng, G. Y., Brew-Hammond, A. and Duker, A. (2011). A Review of Trends, Policies and Plans for Increasing Energy Access in Ghana. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 15: 5143– 5154
14. Kemausuor, F., Dwamena, E., Bart-Plange, A. and Kyei-Baffour, N. (2011). Farmers’ Perception of Climate Change in the Ejura-Sekyedumase District of Ghana. Journal of Agricultural and Biological Sciences 6(10): 26-37
15. Dwamena, E. Banaynal, R. and Kemausuor F. (2011). Participatory Three Dimensional Model Mapping (P3DM): Expanding Rural Horizons and Decision Making for Food Security Planning, Climate Change Adaptation and Flood Risk Reduction in Ghana. Research Journal of Agricultural Science 43 (4):186-195